Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breast
This is a dish that looks fancy and complicated but it is actually very easy and versatile. You can mix and match different cheeses, herbs and vegetables to suit your taste.
4 large organic boneless/skinless chicken breasts - washed and dried
approx 1 cup of cooked, chopped and drained fresh garlic spinach
4 slices of roasted red pepper (or chopped tomato or sundried tomatoes)
One handful of chopped fresh basil (or any herbs of your choice)
one cup of Ricotta cheese (or any soft cheese of your choice)
One cup Panko breadcrumbs (or your favorite, or homemade breadcrumbs)
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic spinach, red peppers, cheese, basil, salt and pepper.
- Using a sharp Chef's knife, cut a slit in each chicken breast to form a pocket and stuff each breast with spinach and cheese mixture
- Secure each end with a toothpick
- Brush each breast with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Roll each breast in the breadcrumbs and place in a glass baking dish
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes
Remove from oven and let stand for 5 min. This looks very pretty sliced on the bias and served.